Hope

I like watching the sky turn pink with the anticipation of sunrise. I like being on the brink of Spring when Winter's butt is being kicked by longer daylight hours as more heat radiates from the Great Orb.
It's always held a special place in my heart to listen to the old Beatles tune, Here Comes the Sun while it's actually shining and has been a long or lonely winter.

I like the first really-too-cold breezes playing with thte curtains of open windows when we air out the house after the last grey molehill of snow is gone. After a winter of nothing much besides goose honks, the first wave of robbins chirping brightens my heart.

I like breakfast on the deck with a steamy cup of coffee when no one else is awake, and seeing the bright green tendrils of hope, the blossoms of a promising summer.

I'm grateful that hope springs eternal. Some people say, nothing lasts forever about the good times. I wave those people off, saying, this is not the time for such negative sentiments. Instead smiling and enjoying happy moments to the fullest, gleaning every grin and giggle out of every minute.

When the dark times come as the inevitably do, that negative sentiment now becomes a positive remark: nothing lasts forever. I know this too shall pass. The sun will rise to shine another day, and I will be laying in a beach towel under it.

No comments: