We're Not So Different

We never have as much time as we think.
Everyone who is born will one day die.
You and I are not so different.

You have worries, I have worries.
We have the option to cast them on the Lord.

You have sorrow, I have sorrow.
I allow God comfort me.

You eat food, I eat food. I ask the Lord to bless mine. It reminds me that provision is not owed to me. It's a blessing for which I'm thankful.
Photo by Carlos MF
You party, I party.
Our elements may not be the same. I always have water available if Jesus shows up and make something of it.
You are loved, I am loved. Our circle of friends and family may not overlap,
but I know the God who loves me, loves you. He's waiting to show you.

You're not religious, I'm not religious.
I set aside time every week to thank the one who has given me so much. Many call it worship.

You blow it, hurt people and do some things wrong; I blow it, hurt people and do some things wrong. It's called sin.
If we confess to sinning, the Lord faithfully forgives us.

You've done things you're not proud of, I've done things I'm not proud of.
I asked the Lord to comandeer my life.
When He did, He said He still loves me regardless of my past, how many people I've hurt or how many ways I've screwed up.

I called on the name of God for many solutions to many problems and he sent Jesus to be my friend and live in my heart.
It was a free gift to accept or reject. I accepted.
I've never been happier.
Even in my darkest hour, I felt Him with me. I had peace and didn't worry.
I walked away from a non-Christian life fourteen years ago.
And I've never looked back or regretted my decision.
I only regret I didn't make the decision sooner.

No comments: