Youngest Perspective

I recieved this post from my youngest brother. He also lives the farthest away. I'm posting it partly because I want to honor my dad and the man my brother became because of him.

I don't know where to start. I may wander all over, so just bear with me. I have never had to do this before.

I believe Dad was the last male in his family. It was up to him to carry on a family name. To leave a legacy. I think if you look around now, you will find that he did a VERY thorough job of it. Four sons, two daughters. Now, nine grandsons, and six grand-daughters. Looks like the name will definitely live on. Is this not how God himself rewarded those in his favor in biblical times? I like to think so.

My parents had six kids.... SIX!!!! Just imagine doing that today. I'm glad he didn't quit at five, or you wouldn't be reading this, and two grandsons would be missing.

My dad was the greatest at making things work. fixing things, making things and just general problem solving. He was never self serving, but serving of all others. He was a dreamer, but made you also dream. He was a provider and showed us how to provide. He was a believer that showed us how to believe. He was a father that showed us HOW to father. He was decent and honest and showed us also the benefit in this. He was my confidant and my friend, my coach, my cheerleader.
Now he will lead from afar.

He left the map. He will now clear a new path for us. We were fortunate to know him here, and we will be fortunate to know him again.

Dad, I miss you, but I know as well that you are here.
May God bless you. You have done your work here. It was time for you to go home. May you hang your hat and enjoy what "Papa God" has prepared for you. I'm sure that heaven is excited to see you!
All our love.

No comments: