Day of the Lord

When I was a New Ager, practicing my daily asanas, reading my runes, carrying my stone of the day, or listening to the chanelers, they talked often of end times. How exciting it was going to be. How all the Christians would be rounded up and executed. How great life would be.

My very first bible study came just days after I'd given my life to the Lord. Those were some of the most intimidating weeks of my life. I didn't know verses or passages or books. The study was on two of the shortest books in the Bible--Thessalonians.
My interest piqued when my sister explained these books prepare God's people for End Times, a phrase that I'd heard before, Biblically referred to as the Day of the Lord.

How will we know when the end times are coming?

1 Thessalonians 5
1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

No comments: