Reading List

I've just finished Michel Faber's Some Rain Must Fall. I usually don't read fiction but I'm studying word painting lately. I can't recommend it with out at least a PG warning to my Christian friends based on some language, but if you're interested in collections of short fiction it seemed a pretty worthwhile read.

Although my reading list will most likely never mirror the New York Times Best sellers list I'll share with you some of the titles I'm perusing on my way to Nod:

Poems and Short Stories by Dorothy Parker, Grieving the Loss of Someone You Love by Raymond Mitch and Lynn Brookside, My Dream of Heaven by Rebecca Ruter Springer, and a book from my favorite series: The Best American Essays of 1992 with Susan Sontag and Robert Atwan. (Also 2002, and 2007)

So far in this particular essay collection, I have obtained 94, 97, 99, 2003-2006. The series began in 1984 and I've yet to see a copy from then, but I would love to collect them all.
What are you reading?

No comments: