Like A Mile of Climbing Roses

When you were a mother to me, you drew from generations of solidly Christian women and guided me spiritually and you always spoke the truth. When I was such a mess, your wisdom was like a pair of rails that led me always back to Jesus, keeping me true.

You never once condemned me. Instead, you believed in me, defended me when I felt the most alone. You sat next to me, rubbing my arm while questions were asked. You strengthened me to answer them honestly. You made it easier to do right, live in the light and stand up for what I believed in. Your love was like water to a parched land.

You helped me become a better mother, because you spoke in love. And when I spoke to my daughter the same way, it changed our lives. You unfailingly pointed me to the Bible and its infinite, timeless wisdom and sound experience.
You helped me through the most tragic parts of my life. Your words were like bandages on the wounds of my soul. Because of what you faithfully sowed in that ploughed-up soil of my heart, beauty grew there, love abounded and loyalty blossomed like a mile of climbing roses.

You helped me find my way, my voice and the love of my life. Because of the seeds you planted I will continue to grow into a better friend, mother and wife. Because you loved me, you added so much to my life.

Thank you for taking the time.
Thank you, Vera Hassell, for being a mother to me. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say my sweet one. As usual you bless me. God is so faithful to put the right words in our mouths at the right time You were very easy to raise considering He had already started you on your way!!! :):) Those years were good for both of us. We did a lot of growing in Him. I miss our times together.
I love you very much.
Mom H.