I watched Celebrity Circus with one eye while typing a document from a book.

I've never been to the circus. I've never been attracted to crowds and I didn't really enjoy clowns to the extent that some people do. Slapstick and mime not being my favorite form of entertainment. Maybe they could have been if the performers I saw in clips weren't reusing predictable overdone material.


I don't have to go to a circus to see "Statues". These are performers who are colored unochromatically, faces and hands included, to look like statues. They are able to pose and remain to completely still that when they reposition, they have never failed to startle someone in the crowd.



Even Cirque De Soleil has taken big top entertainment to a new level. Gone are the big orange Afro's, bubble nosed, big footed, ill-dressed fumblers and bumblers. The performers are sleek and airbrushed with cosmic colors in glittering skin tight outfits, or fluttering fairy-like skirts with an emphasis on strength and grace and impossible feats of motion. The choreography and performances have become flowing graceful gravity defying feats that tickle the eye.



And I have only seen bytes on TV. One of these days, I'm going.

1 comment:

Jack Petersen said...

Hey!

"bubble nosed, big footed,ill-dressed fumblers and bumblers." Are you sure these are clowns? I always thought of them simply as co-workers.