Jakob Dylan Seeing Things

The Long awaited CD from Jakob Dylan hit the shelves June 1oth and we got our copy yesterday. I'm not really sure how Bob will take it when I tell you that Jakob's voice is a perfect blend of Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen, but that's how it sounds to me.

I heard the first cut on Starbucks 45 (on your XM dial) this morning. We listened to Evil is Alive and Well. The next track I think will be popular is Everybody Pays. It's a great price at Target right now, 9.99$ which I think is unbeatable for a new release. I heard Jakob's music for the first time in a Bruckheimer production. Until that day, it never occurred to me that Bob had a guitar playing son. (Evidently that rock I was living under was very big...) I think I kept attributing his voice to someone else. I'm happy to discover that he has more music out there for me to listen to.

Currently the album track I'm listening to--Will It Grow is another new favorite of mine. He could very well be my most favorite recent artist since Josh Turner two years ago. If you like guitar folk music you will not be disappointed. Check it out soon!

No comments: