One Foot in Two Lands

Amazingly the first place we looked at desktop computers had one available with XP! It isn't the Vista bandwagon that everyone has been jumping on, and I have very good reasons for not wanting my desktop to be Vista. Even thought a new desktop with a VOS is comparable and comes with more geegaws (and a fat operating system to boot) an exapnded system with XP is a lot more room.

I still have programs that were geared for XP. And we weren't really ready to give those up. I'm not really ready to have my laptop become the editing center for all the photos we take ( and recently lost ) because photos hog so much space. I estimate that we take close to a thousand pictures a year between me and Sam.

I'm not in a hurry to break in yet another computer. But I will be. I'm not over that last one. I feel thankful knowing that there's still an great XP to be had.

No comments: