Parles vous Francais?

With apologies to my favorite tech- Rico.
The trouble with the new desk top is how similar it is to the old one. I have in my head I’m going to do something, and find the program missing.
Or I find the typeface missing. We’re creative people. We like lots of creative choices. I figured out a long time ago how to glean fonts from various program discs. We had over 500 to choose from. With the new PC I’m missing a few programs that I really really liked.
I realized I had no word program to speak of. And then not enough fonts. When a computer crashes, it seems one is overcome with a kind of shock that brings with it amnesia. After crashing more than my fair share of computers, I learned to back and save just about everything. Especially photos, artwork and writing.

When becoming familiar with a new computer, the transition is less traumatic when the icons are the same, the programs run, or run the same.
I have a program that ran like a dream in XP. I now have XP Professional. It’s slightly different, and behaves sometimes like Vista. I download the scanner printer I’ve been using for two years and the instructions to proceed are easy—English. When I click on the next set of instructions, they come up in French. Not my native language.

Maybe there should be a DIY PC guide of multilingual translations. Sometimes, it’s easier to learn a foreign language than fix what’s wrong.

2 comments:

Jack Petersen said...

Oui.

JB

Anonymous said...

Mais oui, mon ami, it's all a bunch of merde!
(sorry; 1/3 of my french vocabulary is profanity)
;0) Susie