Thou Shalt Not Worry

Usually, I don't worry about things if I can help it. But I've discovered I'm a vacation worrier. When we're at home I wonder if the weather will hold up. When we are on the road I wonder if we're going to find a hotel room. When we get the hotel room, I wonder about the house at home. I used to worry about the cats when I was away.
When we are still, I worry that traffic will be bad, that we'll get lost and sometimes I worry in the wrong neighborhood that we'll be car jacked. I'm a fanatic about locking doors because the world can be so crazy.

When I'm finally starting to get into the vacation mode, I worry that everyone may not be having a great time. If they are, then I wonder how long it will last.

When we get close to where we want to go, I worry that all the parking spots will be taken. When I'm doing anything I think is fun I worry that no one else is having fun. It's better for me if I do what other people want to do. Especially if it's something I've never done, because I always need to be stretched and it always gives me material to write about.

Sometimes I worry about terrorist attacks, but usually after I get home the reality sinks in that it could have happened. I'm to busy worrying about the daily stuff to worry about a larger picture.

Wherever I am, I worry about where I'm not, whenever I have one thing seemingly under control, I worry about the thing that cannot be controlled without my presence.

All the same, I look forward to going on vacation, seeing new things and facing my worry with the hope of slaying it. Maybe if I went on vacation everyday...

No comments: