What Would You Do?

Do you get this sort of mail in your e-mail very often? I get about four to six Jesus e-mails a year. Almost always, they require me to send them on to other people.
I don't believe in chain letters, snail or electronic. So if you are one that sends them to me, please know I almost never foreward them.
I don't know if pictures are miraculous, but I know Jesus performed miracles. I know evil has some power, and fear,if we give in to it has a lot of power. But I believe that God has the ultimate power. He sees my heart. He doesn't require me to send this on and cause a glut of mail for people. If people want Jesus they know where to find him, don't they? I would never dare call an image of Christ junkmail. It seems sacriligious.

If gazing upon this image has caused a miracle in your life, I'd love to hear about it. If it causes one in mine, I'll post it, I promise.

1 comment:

Jack Petersen said...

Boy, are you lucky. I get this stuff every day. Seems to me that when someone's focus is on an image and not the person of christ, isn't that something He warned about? Isn't that a form of idol worship? And if we respond out of greed or fear or superstition, what does that say about faith? In the specific case to which you refer, some were rewarded and some were not. Who are these people? Nobody I know. How do I know they ever existed? Is the writer creating people and situations just to make a point.