Cowboy Coffee at Sunrise



Well, it's been years since I've been camping. But I'm glad that the knowledge seems to arrive in my head just as I need it. It's been a really long time since I had to light a lamp to cook on the grill too. Bet you didn't know you could make eggs and toast on the grill...did ya? I'm REALLY glad we got the grill with the side burner. The day we got it I couldn't imagine what we'd use it for.

For those of you who were without electricity and jonesing for a cup of hot java I offer you the recipe for Cowboy Coffee:
Fill a pan with water. You'll have to measure it so you know how much coffee to add. Measure out your coffee. I use a scoop for every two cups and one for the pot. Boil. I don't mean simmer. I mean rolling boil. And when all the grounds drop to the bottom of the pan, it's ready to drink.

It ain't Starbucks, but it'll do.

No comments: