Displaced Ideal

A very very dear friend of mine has come into this recent Beauty Awareness conversation. She suffered for years from an eating disorder and is in recovery. She thanked me for sharing "this is who I am"* and my notes from a conversation with the author. These are the questions I gleaned from the book.
My personal answers will be posted on
the Radical Write next week.
(no photo of me, God save your eyes.)
My feamle cousin and I also are dialoging about this very topic. I think
every woman I know would benefit even from a brief look through this *book. Please find it at B&N under women's studies.
~~*~~
How long has it taken you to arrive at acceptance/love of your body?
How do you feel the media have affected the way
women feel about their bodies?
What frustrates you or what would you like to change?
Has your body let you down or have you let your body down?
How have you supported your body?
What do you love about your body?

No comments: