Money for Nothing

I spent most of this week in some nostalgic music reverie, checking out all my favorite tunes on YouTube. Jeez. They had all of them. When I saw this one, I remembered the stereo war.

We lived in Orange Park and next to a girl who liked to crank up her stereo when her mom left for the night.
One night, she started. We turned ours up. She turned hers up. We turned ours up. We had just bought a new Technics stereo system that was so loud you could hear it all through the neighborhood. The speakers could have been used as apartments.
She turned hers up again. When I put this song on, I cranked it up to shake-the-windows. The guitar intro makes me smile like an idiot even now. Once the song was over there was dead silence from next door.
She never turned it up again the whole time we lived there or even look at us, for that matter.

No comments: