Please Stand By....

You've probably heard all about it. The claim that Ike went through Ohio yesterday, pretty much undetected until power started blinking off all around the state.
I was supposed to have a lunch meeting today. Of course, here the towers are on the blip, and our power is out. It's like camping, only indoors. It's great if you like silence, which I do. What I don't like is how crystal clearly you can hear dogs barking from so far away.

And, we have no power still. Phones are going dead, laptops are tossing up their warnings about low battery!
AEP probably wishes they could take the phone off the hook. Especially after they announced that it could be up to a week until some of us get power. You can see people saying, "A WEEK??!That better not be me!"

Ever have the sinking feeling that it could be? Yeah...
So, If I'm not on here, it's beause of that. Today I'm working from Village Coffee. I might be tomorrow too.

No comments: