The Spirit of Music

They're Playing Our Song...

It doesn’t matter how many times I play the song. Every time I put it on, I think about the last time we met. And it all comes flooding back.
And if I stretch out my hand even a little bit, he is there to take hold of it. It doesn’t matter if I feel like listening to the song, because really, plenty of times I didn’t. There were days I didn’t even want to think about him, didn’t think I was up to meeting with him.
It doesn’t matter how rotten I feel.
Or if I feel worth it.It doesn’t matter how anxious, depressed, hopeless, hurting or mad I feel, he always shows up and I feel better. I feel changed. And you know, it’s kinda funny too. Because sometimes, the song will play on the radio and I think I see Jesus smile. I can almost hear him say, “Listen, they’re playing our song.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. Love it love it love it.
luv, susie

Anonymous said...

This is very nice. It paints a story. I like it. =)