Conscious Choices

When it comes to eating, I'm not a purist. I don't always eat Kosher and I don't eat beef or pork of I can help it. I happen to love vegetables and tofu over chicken.
My eating doesn't always reflect this. After editing a first draft book regarding dietary change as per the Bible, the authors work impressed me. But the arguments failed to convince me. The author rewrote chapters and revised and re-sent the book for another edit.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I've eaten meat maybe four times in a month as opposed to a week. I feel much more conscious of not only the foods I eat, and beverages I drink, but the consequences.

I mean, I love the smell of a grilled steak. But unless I raise it myself how can I be sure what that critter consumed till it ended up on my grill? Just how much beef can one eat until one exhibits signs of Mad Cow?

I began drinking tea as an experiment regarding some pain I had.
Tea runs through me at about the same rate, I feel less 'awake' and yeah, the purging headaches are freaking wicked.
But the lower hip pain has dissipated, my skin looks hydrated, I feel less hungry and the headaches have abated.

Hard to dispute feeling better. hmmmm.

I'm just five days into the tea experiment, but I'll keep you posted. And I'll let you know more about the book as soon as I get a copy.

No comments: