Peachy Keen


I ran into the store to get a few items. I was running low on cash, but the items I needed were kind of pricey. On the way to the check out, I picked up a peach. Eating on the way home just sounded good.

As the clerk checked out my items, I could tell I didn't have enough.
Before she rang it up I spoke up.

"I'm sorry, I don't have enough for that."
"You've got to get the peach. It's nutrition!"
"After that stuff, I might have 35 cents left."
"She punched a few buttons and said, how about the peach is 27 cents. Now you have enough."
"Are you serious?"
" I'll do it for peach. It's good for you. A candy bar, not so much."
I thanked her and left feeling pretty blessed.
It was really yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, what a peach that cashier turned out to be!
;0) susie

Anonymous said...

WTF?! You didn't tell me about that? :'[