Curious?

"People without curiosity are like houses without books:
there's something unsettling about them."
Nikki Gemmell in "Cleave"
I've been designing furniture with books in mind. We have so many, there isn't one room in our house without them. I thought outside the bookshelf and designed a couch with arms to accomodate book storage, seats that flip up to store books in, and across the back of the couch, a book shelf or three.
It isn't the kind of furniture you move out of the way with your hip.
It took me 25 years, but I'm finally down to one vice.
Books.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or, you could just remove everything from ALL the walls, and build in bookshelves floor to ceiling--THEN you get one of those funky ladders on wheels.
The ladder would also make hanging ornaments from the ceiling easier too. ;0)
love, susie

Jack Petersen said...

I KNEW we had a lot in common. I also only have one vice. Mine, however, seems to have a bunch more subheadings than yours ...

J.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh yeah I'm never moving out now.