Have You Set New Goals?

If you're like me, you managed to reach a few goals this year. In reflection, it's been a blessed year despite the negatives that occurred. It only magnified to me how much God shows up in my life everyday.

I write goals, not resolutions. The difference is that goals are like the rails on which the new year will track. Even if my 'car' doesn't move that day, the goal is there the next day. My yearly goals fit in with longer range goals, which if you haven't written them down, it's a good time to do so.
I have goals for spiritual, mental and physical as well as work and play.

Maybe I'll make it to an artist retreat one of these days. Maybe I'll get to be on the set of a movie I wrote one day, and revisit New Mexico...

I accomplished a few bonus things this year: an honorable mention for Alyce Times One, succeeding at NaNoWriMo, and my own writer's group with very inspiring people that I really respect.

I think I did alright, considering how my year began.
Here's what I have so far...

1. Take bigger risks.
2. Dare to get an agent.
3. Write something new everyday
4. Read half the books you already bought (before buying new books)
5. Tweak or finish one essay a week from the "Needs Work" file
6. Use work out strategy everyday.

I have a few more of course, I have to keep a few things a mystery. But how about you? Do you know what you expect to accomplish next year?
What are your goals?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mami,
We're having movie day tomorrow.End of year goal.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the process of composing my goals for the year now. I have the problem that if I make them too big, I get overwhelmed. If I make the goals too small, they're uninspiring. I'll let you know what I come up with.
KP