Power Prayer


Every once in a while I feel like I get one over on Mother Nature. My friend Bob and I had a meeting marathon late yesterday with a laptop clinic and a Drama Brainstorm meeting, (all good) just hours ahead of a new wave of inclement weather some of which could be ice.

Our pantry is more than half full, we have chopped wood, news papers for fire starter if need be, candles, water and a mountain of books including my new Robert Frost poetry book that I've barely dipped into yet.

On the radio they're forecasting five to seven inches of snow over the next thirteen hours. What? I'm ready for winter to be over. I'm ready for a pick and choose climate-controlled external environment.

This morning I was surprised to find snow on the ground and a notice for a two-hour delay. Yay! A sleep in!
Three, five or seven inches of snow? How much is too much? If we get a packing snow (which is in the forecast) then we'll line the drive way with snowmen. Kim P will be making snow angels.
What will you do if we get a major snowfall?
I'll be praying the power lines hold.

2 comments:

phinz said...

I'll pray for the power to stay on too. And I'll pray for everyone to be safe and not get hurt sliding around in the ice and snow.

Then I'll thank God AGAIN for bringing me to LA.

Lisa Biggs Crum said...

oo-ah love the pictures.

If we get a major snowfall - I will not attempt to keep the kitchen floor clean. I'll just wait and clean it after the kids go back to school. :)