Seeds and Butterflies

Julia makes me crazy with ideas.
I have been working on those insane pages. I've missed a few days even. I may do as my friend Kim, who says some weeks were 8, 9 0r 11 days.

I like the sound of an 11 day week.

What insights do I glean? That everything can be brought to life with words. The muslim woman getting a sleep study done might be of interest to you. We were in the sleep study clinic today getting a new mask for my beloved.
Or maybe you'd like to hear what we found out about those new notebooks at Microcenter? Or how much faster my laptop runs now that I got a 4 gig ready boost? (Really fast!)

And like Jack, ideas trip off the brain and sound so promising...

But wasn't that my just a few days ago printing off all those pages? Hundreds of pages of incubating essay ideas that are like money in the bank if I'd just eat my peas and carrots and drink my milk and give birth to them.
And stop running errands long enough to have a linear thought. I love vacations, the idea that when it ends, I will have saved up ideas like seed packets, sprinkle them out into the soil of my mind and after a few hours of watering, they will turn into magic beanstalks.

Julia's book is like magic butterflies in a way. All we have to do is catch them... and while you think about that,
listen to one of my favorite tunes by Mazzy Star.

4 comments:

Jack Petersen said...

This is so-o-o good.

Lefty Sloane said...

What did you like?

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of magic butterflies, I'm going to have to find the right net for them.

And when the week gets to 13 days just do the tasks quickly and declare a new week before you get lapped.

Are you having fun yet?
:-)
KP

Lefty Sloane said...

yes, I suppose it is fun. I like that people know what I'm talking about. I like that we can all comiserate. I like that my new family (the writers) gets it.