Bad De Ja Vu

When we were planning Dad's 70th birthday, he had a heart attack on March 3rd. The medication arrested the potential damage to the heart. In 1% of cases, it causes bleeding somewhere in the body.
Dad complained of a headache for two days until they realized his cranium was filling with blood from an aneurism. He was comatose for over a week.
In five years, he's made a remarkable recovery and had even been able to read, drive and go back to work. We were all grateful for the time we got to spend with him as he recovered.

This year, we were planning Dad's 75th birthday party in April. Then the call came last night.

"Dad's had a stroke. It doesn't look good. They've already called in the priest."

I'm on my way to the hospital with my sister. I'll be writing offline and posting here as able. We're hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

I don't want to plan any more birthday parties.

1 comment:

Angela said...

i am so sorry you are going throught this.