Sharing in Grief

In a moment of clarity, I sent a post out to the online writers group I'm blessed to be a part of, asking for people to write on the loss of their fathers if they had a good relationship.

The response was better than I hoped. Many of the writers shared the parting of their fathers with me, the kind words that were spoken over them, their last words and great memories.
The great memories do make me smile ... even if I'm crying.
The tears I cried reading about these dads were partly for myself and because they were so well written, that I couldn't help but feel the gravity of each writer's loss. It might seem strange that listening to others share their pain feels healing to the heart.
My friend gave me a book I'm reading on Grief which is not so much about the stages of grief, but the facets of grief and how normal they are. It helps to know what's coming, I suppose, what others experienced. It helps to know there is no real time frame and that it will be different for everyone.

I've found a new circle of people who are willing to help me get through this.Thanks to all who have shared their stories and their hearts with me. God bless each and everyone of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad that you have found these people to help comfort you.
Love, Susie

Lefty Sloane said...

I feel like a black hole and the prayers, and comments and wish you well's are all starlight being absorbed. I believe at some point it will fill with light. You know it will, when the Son shows up. :)