Continuing Ed

Our original Friday night haunt was packed out the wazzoo . Every parking spot taken every table and seat filled. I confess to being stunned that so many people are hanging out in coffee shops on Friday nights. Especially ours. Not on place to park even half a buttock.
We’re hanging at the ‘Bou on 23 which is a little out of the way, but all the same, its quieter here too. But, due to a service outage at this coffee house location I was unable to post my rant. As I consider this new information, after talking to a tech, it occurs to me that it might be why our usual location is so jammed.
At any rate, I’m drinking a half decaf half regular Fireside blend. It’s pretty tasty. On the counter in a latte mug, they are giving away small packages of mints in cinnamon, wintergreen and peppermint. So I took four packs of Hoof Mints for me and my beloved. On their board the question of the day for 10c of your order is, With what bordering country is Ethiopia in constant war?
Currently, I’m reading through three essay books, one on writing them better, knowing when and where to go deeper. Also the book defines the types of essays which, I really didn’t think much about. I’m hoping this book in particular will help me refine my future work and land more paychecks.
Another book I’m working through is Word Painting. There are times when this is more appropriate (like when I’m not writing fillers). I began reading it to add more color to my pieces. To me they lacked a certain amount of zingle, that element that makes them a pleasure to read. Some of my writing is as boring as police reports. Since it can be fixed with slight adjustments in thinking, I study.
It seems I’m always reading always learning. I think that’s what keeps me mentally sharp although some days I feel as sharp as dirt. I like to answer trivia questions sometimes. The one at ‘Bou is usually fun. The answer for the one today is Eritrea.
What about you? What are you learning about?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Affiliate marketing on the 'net. Talk about feeling as sharp as dirt!
Love, Susie