Born 2 Ride

My daughter and I enjoy picnics, warming our backs with the sun and viewing activities at the reservoir.

Currently our two favorite places we go to picnic are the marina and Casto Park.

Last night I dreamt Sam and Suzy and I were planning a road trip from Kentucky/Ohio to California. A band that had invited us to see them was performing in San Francisco. We were taking my car. I had everyone praying that Gordo would allow it. For some reason we figured it would take the better part of the month.
When I was dreaming, I didn't really think about how much gas would be the farther west we travelled. I woke up feeling strangely hopeful and adventurous and, in a dream, 2000 miles seemed a lot shorter a distance.

Yesterday looking at country scenery and breathing in the fresh air, in awe of beauty with out cityscape hovering on the horizon, or some sign announcing a new housing development. Pure unadulterated countryside.

The lawns all cut and smooth, looking like sun-dappled pool table felt. All the people who were near us through out the day, thank you for not hitting us, and God bless you.
It made me smile to be in the moment, appreciating the weather on the clearest day I've seen in a while.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Road trip! Count me in!
Love, Suzy