Mimi in the Car

I’m reading this book of poetry called “Splintering”. It’s written by a brother and a sister who, with their family, survived a home invasion by a man high on PCP. Their family was dysfunctional before, and evidently it just worsened. I like the writing style because it reads well, flows well. It isn’t rhyming poetry which I favor.

The book covers a pretty wide range of topics. At this particular juncture, the oldest sister is going through a divorce as well as dealing with the trauma of the invasion. her younger sister, the poetess is writing.
this one called Hall of Fame. This line painted such a picture, such a moment for me I had to share it.

…I’ve sat beside Mimi in the car. Almost yelled at her for turning off the song and then turn to see her staring at the rings on her fingers like they were rear view mirrors and she could see all the way back.

1 comment:

Jack Petersen said...

Good.

More please.

I'm in need of balm.

JB