Kind Words

I'm sure it isn't because the snow is falling that I am already feeling something of the Christmas Spirit hitting me.
I was in the grocery check out line of the Peach Lady this week. I asked her how people were treating her. She said she wasn't getting enough hours at work. She wondered aloud if she ought to be trying to find another job?
"I don't know, I said. "The big three are in big trouble, and if they start letting people go, that's even more people looking for a job. Seems like you got a good thing going here, ya know? People have to eat."
"You think I should stay?"
"We'll just pray to the Good Lord for more hours."
"Wow, you've really helped me," she said. I thought she might be kidding. But she was practically gushing. "I think I just need to adjust my attitude and keep on. Thank you, I'm not even kidding."
"You're welcome. You have a good holiday if I don't get back here before then."
"You too! Have the best day in the world. Really. I mean it."

Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!!
love, susie