A Few Trees

Although I had my doubts about how the holidays would go this year, this Season is turning out to be strangely comforting in many ways. It helped that it snowed. Tiny little crystals all day long.

I like powder snow. It's easy and fast to shovel. I liked thinking that quite possibly my writer friend Kim and her son laying in their yard making snow angels. I like thinking if the sun came out for any length of time, it would all disappear like cotton candy on the tongue.


I'm not so fond of the red
and green since my mall decorating days.
I prefer the blue/purple and gold/silver of Hanukkah.

But I love the lights. I think my favorite time of day in winter is after sundown before Christmas. It almost looks like a skyful of stars has landed on earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just made my first snow angel of the season this Sunday, after that really wonderful snow this weekend.
Kim