Good Will Toward Women


It's the holiday season, Christmas is on it's way. I expect shoppers to be rude, I expect to get cut off in traffic, I expect someone to say Happy Holidays everywhere I go, even when I insist that it's Christmas.

I even expect snow to fall.

What I do not expect is people to be pleasant, for complete strangers to give gifts to strangers in a public place or to find a clerk that is willing or able to help me find items on my list.
But that's what I saw.


In Bath and Body Works, a Black woman gave a White woman a coupon good for a home fragrance oil, a seven dollar value. It blessed like a gift from heaven.


Smaller stores weren't as crowded and a clerks came out from behind her glass counter barricade to help me find at item we'd hunted for in two other stores. And then tossed in a few free samples as stocking stuffers.

Surprise!

I was blessed! I guess I just wanted to tell you, it's not all bad out there.

Spread random joy. It's contagious!

2 comments:

Jack Petersen said...

What a wonderful post! Yes yes with everything in a rush, with everyone too busy ... I really needed to read this.

God bless.

JB

phinz said...

Yes, this cheered ME up also! Way to go!
Love, Susie