Bounce

It's hard to say why I'm driven at all. I heard someone say, Hope springs eternal. I guess in a nutshell, that's me.

I can have the worst day and some how, the feeling comes over me that maybe tomorrow will be a better day. It isn't always. But I keep on believing that it could be.

Sometimes when it was just the two of us, things were really hard on my daughter and me. I'd wonder to myself, what is it all for? Is there a point to any of this?
Sometimes, she would get down. I'd tell her, believing it with all my heart,"It won't always be like this. It's going to get better."

Maybe because I want to believe when we're hitting rock bottom, it has to get better. There's no where else to go from there but up. Have you ever seen a hard rubber ball hit the floor? It can only bounce as high as the force with which it hit.
Here's to falling harder. And while you think about that, listen to Martina sing Anyway.

No comments: