In Your Head

The first time I saw this video on MTV years ago I was disturbed by the imagery and practically ran out to get the CD. The song itself triggers less than pleasant memories of home. I think I somehow hope to be absolved of them the longer I listen to the music. So far it's been like trying to view a train wreck through a mirror.

Years later I see that I identified with something of the violence in Ireland. Being half Irish myself. This has become one of my daughter's favorite tunes although I can't imagine why. We did our best to prevent her being in an environment like this, and succeeded so far.

Does this clip move you in any way?


5 comments:

Lisa Biggs Crum said...

yes, but i can't put it into words. i want so very much to do something bigger than words. may God restore justice and mercy through us...his military, his way. His kingdom come, His will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. why can't we see the wrong around us. why can't we stop it. why don't we stop it.

Lefty Sloane said...

As long as there are two or more men on Earth mankind has been fighting. Maybe it's supposed to make us long for Heaven? I'm ready to see what world peace looks like. Anyone? Anyone?

phinz said...

I vote for world peace! Early and often . . .

SavageWit said...

I LOVE the Cranberries and this video -- very powerful.

The Police made a video in the 80s, "Invisible Sun" (from Ghost In The Machine), that was banned for quite a while in the UK because it was filmed in Belfast and protested the situation in Northern Ireland.

Lefty Sloane said...

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know. I'll look that up the next time I'm wireless.